Saturday, November 7, 2009
Sadness.
Definition: an emotion characterised by feelings of disadvantage, loss and helplessness.
Definitedly, in our life, there will be moments that we feel sad over certain matters, be it feeling that oneself is on a losing end, loss of a loved one or a good friend or just feeling useless. I feel that it is times like this that one should actually speak out to others. Even though your family or your friends might not be able to solve anything, it is always good to have one or two people to share your worries with. You might think I'm evil, spreading sadness around, thats why, find people you know that by talking to them about emo stuff will not affect them that much.
A quote by Jim Rohn,
"The walls we build around us to keep out the sadness also keeps out the joy."
The walls in this case, i would interpret it as the masks that all of us inevitably wear every single day. We wanna hide our sadness, but what do we gain by doing that? Nothing. Life will get so stagnant and boring because when you are hiding your sadness with a smile, you will never get to experience the real joy of smiling or laughing, real happiness.
Another quote that I'm guilty of, by Tom Gates,
"Anger is just a cowardly extension of sadness. It's a lot easier to be angry at someone than it is to tell them you're hurt."
Definitely true. I'm guilty of this "crime" lots and lots of time already. And 75% of the few times that I get angry or show anger to someone is honestly, this. Maybe it's just the easier way out, shut everyone off by showing or even faking that you're angry with them/him/her. I guess i'll have to try/attempt to change this bad habit of mine. =/
Don't worry that you're all alone in this world, because you are definitely not. There are so many loved ones around that cares for you. I'm not saying that everyone i know cares for me, my skin isn't that thick to say so, but it is a fact that there'll be some out there. Don't bother thinking whether people do care for you, whether they think of you or cry for you, just carry on or even 'improve' towards having a better relationship with them.
A very true quote, from African Proverb quotes,
"Sorrow is like a precious treasure, shown only to friends."
I think what makes a difference between close friends and just friends is whether one will or will not share what his worries are. Yes, one might not want to affect his/her friends with his/her worries, but realised this, that is what family and friends are for, being there when you're down and everything. If there's anything thats making you down, just give me a chance and if anyone needs free hugs, i'm all fat and ready. lol.
=]